Saturday, July 29, 2017

Fat Kid Reviews: Express Thailao

Express Thailao Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I love strange little places. The kind of out in the middle of nowhere that make you for just a moment doubt the life choices that lead you to this series of events.

I jokingly start this entry off because that was my first reaction as my friend and I pulled into the out of the way strip mall in which Thailao sat. I can say that I was quite happily wrong.

There are many words you could use for the inside of the establishment, but I find humble is perhaps the most accurate. The decor was equal parts trying to hard and a little worn down. It wasn’t impressive.


But the moment we walked in, even before I could register the room or anything else, we were greeted warmly. The service was just amazing. All that were in the shop was the jovial and ernest man out front and the lady in the back. He hovered and took care of us like we were family coming in. It was just lovely.

We ordered the Chicken Satay, Chicken Noodle, and Massaman Curry.

He asked me if I wanted to make it spicy. “Medium spicy or Spicy” he said with knowing nod. I being a fool said “Spicy my good man!” (I didn’t actually say this but it makes for a better story.)

They serve their soda in the can which isn’t a mark against it, it’s just more of a personal pet peeve.

But the food. The Chicken Satay was delightful. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The peanut sauce was delectable and earthy. They also served it with this mixture of fresh vegetables in a spicy, sweet, vinegar sauce. Of eveything we had this was perhaps my favorite. There was this almost faint alkaline taste from the cucumbers that was just striking.

The mains were like the appetizer delicious. Unlike the appetizer they were spicy. The curry for me was the stand out of the two however. It had a nice burn to it but so many flavors dancing around it, with the coconut milk rolling in ease each bite.

Then there were the Chicken Noodles. Now first I must say that they were delicious. They were sweet, sour, savory, salty, all layered on top of each other. I almost couldn’t stop eating.

Almost.

Because I’d ordered it spicy. And so now I know what it’s like to french kiss the heart of the Sun.

It was hot. I’m even sweating a bit remembering it.

However, if you aren’t as impulsive as I am, or think that our closest star is giving you the come hithers, then go here. Go to Express Thailao. I don’t think you’ll regret it.


Like, Comment, and Share if that's your thing.

See you in the Chow Line,



No comments:

Post a Comment